I wrote last month about Getting result the agile way (the book).
JD Meyer has another web site http://sourcesofinsight.com/ where I found this article about Success 2.0.
One of the lessons in success (number 9) is Know yourself. This brought me in a roundabout way to an older article about You 2.0.
If you read the You 2.0 booklet, you’ll find under the self-awareness title the following (I found it very useful, so I decided to paste it in here)
Learning Styles -Abstract, Concrete, Random, Sequential (Four Stages of Competence, US Gordon Training International organization )
- 5 Thinking Styles –Synthesist, Idealist, Pragmatic Thinker, Analyst Thinker, Realist Thinker (Richard Bramson, Coping with Difficult Bosses).
- SatirCategories -Blamer, Placater, Computer, Distractor, and Leveller(Virginia Satir)
- 7 NLP Meta-programs –Towards or Away, External or Internal, Sorting By Self or Sorting by Others, Matcher or Mismatcher, Convincer Strategy, Possibility vs. Necessity, Independent, Cooperative and Proximity Working Styles. (Tony Robbins, Unlimited Power).
- 6 Styles Under Stress –Masking, Avoiding, Withdrawing, Controlling, Labeling, Attacking (Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, and Al Switzler, Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High)
- Meta-programs and Intrinsic Values in NLP -Towards and Away From, Options and Procedures, In-Time and Thru-Time, Internal Frame of Reference and External Frame of Reference, Self and Others, Detail and Global, Feeling and Thinking, Sameness and Difference. (David Moldenand Pat Hutchinson, Brilliant NLP: What the Most Successful People Know, Say & Do)
- The Lens of Human Understanding –Task Focus, People Focus, Aggressive, and Passive. (Dr. Rick Brinkman and Dr. Rick Kirschner, Dealing with People You Can’t Stand)
- JohariWindow –Open Self, Blind Self, Hidden Self, Unknown Self (Joseph Luftand Harry Ingham )
- 10 Types of Difficult People –Tank, Sniper, Know-It-All, Think-They-Know-It-All, Grenade Person, Yes Person, Maybe Person, Nothing Person, No Person, Whiners. (Dr. Rick Brinkman and Dr. Rick Kirschner, Dealing with People You Can’t Stand)
- The 16 Myers-Briggs Type Indicators -(MyersBriggs.org)